- 18 Gyoza Wrappers
- 250 grams Mushrooms Minced
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Green Chillis chopped
- 1 tbsp Red Chillis chopped
- 1/3 cup Spring Onions chopped
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 4 tbsp Oil separated
- 1/2 cup Water
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the garlic, chillis and some salt to it (as shown in the blog post) Cook until the garlic turns slightly golden brown in colour.
- Add the soy and hoisin sauce and give it a mix for about 10 seconds. Turn off the heat and transfer the chilli garlic mixture to a bowl to be used later.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together mushrooms and the cooled down chilli garlic mixture. Add some more salt and give it a mix until everything comes together.
- Separate the gyoza sheets. Place about 1 1/2 tsp of the mushroom mixture on the gyoza sheet. Shape the gyozas and keep them ready to be pan fried.
- Once all the gyozas are shaped, heat some oil in a pan and add about 6 gyozas (as shown in the blog post above)
- Let cook on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until the bottom is golden brown in colour.
- As soon as the gyozas attain the golden brown colour, add 1/3 cup of water and cover the pan with a lid and let cook for about 6-8 minutes until all the water is evaporated. Check in between and after. If more water is needed, add about 2-3 tablespoons of water and cook further for 2-3 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer the gyozas to a serving plate and serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
This recipe has been developed by The Twin Cooking Project for Aamra. All the images have been taken by The Twin Cooking Project. Do look them up here.